Notes from the Manager
Jason and Devi are at the Logan Theatre, in Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood. It was opened in 1915 with a single auditorium, and — like the Davis Theater — cut into four screens back in the '70s. I'm not sure how the auditoriums look, but I'd guess they are about the same as the Davis's. (In its day, it seated just under 1000 people — compared to the Davis's 1500 or so.)
The Logan Theatre is — as of this writing — the last theater in the Chicago area showing How to Train Your Dragon (and in 2D, of course). It may actually be gone as of today. (This strip took place last week.) Last week, I spoke with a very friendly manager at the Logan, and he said that it might be its final week at the theater — after a very strong two month run.
You can see a double-sized version of panel 1 by voting at TopWebComics! You can look at some photos I took of the Logan Theatre on my Flickr page, as well.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Saturday, November 22, 2014
A short experimental film I made for schoolz. (Mostly) shot in 240 fps slow motion on an iPhone 6. Edited with Final Cut Pro. There are a few shots I’d have liked to redo if I wasn’t under the gun for a deadline (and hadn’t run out of tea), but… oh well.
Other Recent Posts
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer