Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #454: The Best Laid Plans, Part One
Yes, the screen in two of the Davis's theaters are actually at an angle: here's (photo of) a diagram of the theaters' layouts for evidence. I have no idea why they did that. Possibly because of the fire exits next to them…? Just a guess. It bugs the hell out of me when I end up seeing movies there.
I don't want these strips to seem like I'm knocking the Davis Theater owners, managers, or staff, by the way. It's a small, independent theater, and the current owner and management had nothing at all to do with the original theater getting chopped up, or the screens being at an angle. They're doing a great job with what they've got — and they were obviously kind enough to let me take photos inside it — and the absolute last thing in the world I would want is for anyone to not support an independent theater on my account.
There will be one last strip in this arc (and this chapter, and this book).
Also, those of you who aren't in the Club of Awesome may be interested in knowing that I'm one bonus strip and one bio page (for Gretchen) away from being done with the Chapter 4 eBook. Then — on to Chapter 5. And THEN… the Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith prequel comic and off to the printer. I'm guessing I'll be about a month behind schedule, all told. Hopefully that won't impact the availability date much.
This whole book thing is going a bit slower than I'd hoped, partly because of things like… oh, deciding to take significantly more time on the art with the regular updates than I usually allow myself. :1 Ah well. I hope you've been enjoying the strip lately! 'Cause I have.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Saturday, November 22, 2014
A short experimental film I made for schoolz. (Mostly) shot in 240 fps slow motion on an iPhone 6. Edited with Final Cut Pro. There are a few shots I’d have liked to redo if I wasn’t under the gun for a deadline (and hadn’t run out of tea), but… oh well.
Other Recent Posts
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer