Notes from the Manager
Aaand… that's it for Chapter 20 and Book 4 of Multiplex. There will be 12 Books in all, so we're officially at the 1/3 point in Multiplex's main story (although not necessarily in terms of numbers of strips).
Book 5 begins on Thursday. See you then.
In case you don't follow me on Twitter or aren't a fan of Multiplex at Facebook, you may not know that there's a new addition to the Multiplex Store today — prints!
For $15 (which seems to be the going rate for these things from webcartoonists), you can get a 13"x19" print of your favorite Multiplex strip on archival quality glossy paper. There's actually a very limited selection right now, but if you'd really like to order one that isn't currently available, feel free to e-mail me, and I'll see what I can do. (Some strips simply aren't possible to produce that large, and others would take a bit of clean-up/reworking to look good — from a technical standpoint, that is, but also from an artistic one.)
Since I'm producing them myself (on a Canon PIXMA iX7000, if you're curious), you can bet the color reproduction will be as good as possible, and I'm absolutely thrilled with the sharpness of the vector art when it's scaled up to size.
UPDATE: Gretchen's bio strip from the upcoming Chapter 4 eBook has been added to her Cast page.
UPDATE (Thursday, March 24): Thursday's comic will be LATE. Sorry! You'd think that being a full-time cartoonist would mean I would get my strips done, but I get side-tracked on other (Multiplex-related) things a bit too easily, and then other things happen, and things. So, sorry!
But, if you aren't a member of the Club of Awesome, you can read a handful of new-to-you Multiplex stuff in the Chapter 4 eBook, which is available for free online, or 99¢ for the high definition edition: Chapter 4 has 4 bonus strips, 1 guest strip, and 2 extended scenes. The HD edition also has four character bios not in the online edition… since they're in the Cast page already.
Chapter 5 will have 8 bonus strips, so it will take two to three weeks to finish, and the Star Wars prequel (also 8pp) will take about the same amount of time again.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, July 27, 2014
Yes. May 15, 2015.
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3
- Trailer Watch: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes final trailer