Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #58: Familiarity Breeds Contentment
At least one of the movies Jason names could be seen as a spoiler, so… spoiler warning, obviously. Don’t come crying to me if you click on that link and didn’t want to know.
Anyway, this seems to be the consensus about Oblivion: it’s pretty, it’s got good action, and so incredibly derivative that you’ll get a little bored. Aside from the movies Jason named (at least one of which is pretty apparent from the trailer, but whatever), there are supposedly nods to Planet of the Apes, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Star Wars, Mad Max, La Jetée, Minority Report, The Omega Man and Blade Runner.
EDIT: A recent LA Times article cites a bunch of reviews talking about Oblivion’s derivative nature. Give it a look-see if you’re curious.
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, February 4, 2016
Today, I said goodbye to my best friend and my uncredited assistant since Multiplex began. As you may know from previous posts here, he has had some health issues for a while, and… well, the short version is, a new infection (compounded by his other issues) raised the question of the quality of his life. We had a good eighteen years.
Good night, sweet boy. I’ll miss you.
Multiplex is taking a short break.
UPDATE: Multiplex will start updating again on 2/12.
Other Recent Posts
- Work on Book Three has begun.
- Multiplex is back (yes, already!)
- Multiplex is on a short hiatus.
- Major NASA Announcement
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Island (2005)
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transf4mers: Extinction of Ultron
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers something something… the third one, anyway
- Multiplex Movie Review: Ex Machina
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers (2007)