Notes from the Manager
Here’s the trailer for Tales of the Night, the Michel Ocelot film that Jason mentions:
You can get links to the trailers for the other films, including The Warriors, via at the Patio Theater Events page.
You can read more about the partnership between the Patio and the Chicago Cinema Society at DNAinfo.com. Short version, they’re helping bring a broader range of programming to the Patio, which has been mainly a second run (or late first run) theater since it reopened. This makes the Patio much more of a “destination” theater than it was before, I think, and should therefore expand its customer base farther outside of Portage Park than it had been before.
This strip isn’t just Chicago movie theater news wankery, though; without getting into spoilers, you can probably imagine how — given Multiplex’s new focus on the cast as movie theater managers — this is… relevant.
EDIT: Oh, and Odd Obsession is an independently owned and run Chicago video store that specializes in hard to find movies of all kinds. If you’re a movie buff in the Chicago area, do yourself a favor and check it out.
See you Monday!
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, July 27, 2014
Yes. May 15, 2015.
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3
- Trailer Watch: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes final trailer