Notes from the Manager
Here’s the trailer for Tales of the Night, the Michel Ocelot film that Jason mentions:
You can get links to the trailers for the other films, including The Warriors, via at the Patio Theater Events page.
You can read more about the partnership between the Patio and the Chicago Cinema Society at DNAinfo.com. Short version, they’re helping bring a broader range of programming to the Patio, which has been mainly a second run (or late first run) theater since it reopened. This makes the Patio much more of a “destination” theater than it was before, I think, and should therefore expand its customer base farther outside of Portage Park than it had been before.
This strip isn’t just Chicago movie theater news wankery, though; without getting into spoilers, you can probably imagine how — given Multiplex’s new focus on the cast as movie theater managers — this is… relevant.
EDIT: Oh, and Odd Obsession is an independently owned and run Chicago video store that specializes in hard to find movies of all kinds. If you’re a movie buff in the Chicago area, do yourself a favor and check it out.
See you Monday!
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)