Notes from the Manager
I guess I lied. I had two loose ends I wanted to tie up for Book 5 — but these are more of an epilogue sort of thing, really. #606 was the real ending, really.
Some of you may notice the font for the title and the majority of the site's headlines and such is a little tiny bit different. If your browser supports it, you're seeing Museo Sans instead of Helvetica or Verdiana or whatever abomination of typography you're used to seeing — this matches the design of the book more closely now.
If you're not seeing it, or you're having issues with the site running slowly (or slower than usual, anyway), feel free to shoot me an e-mail with your system and browser's details.
I've been wanting to try web fonts for a while, but could never figure it out. I found Font Squirrel's @font-face generator, though, which has finally made them something I could understand — so, I wanted to give them a little endorsement here. If you want to add some snazzy type to your site, have a TINY bit of coding skills, but don't want to pay a monthly fee like with TypeKit, check it out.
Anyway! As of yesterday, Multiplex turned 6, but apparently you guys have been celebrating in the comments for #606 all weekend, and you've all been incredibly kind. Thanks so much for your comments. It means a great deal to me that anybody besides myself would find this comic strip interesting.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Friday, August 15, 2014
There’s no telling how the film will turn out, but the trailer for The Theory of Everything impressed me by having a respectably balanced focus on both the life of Stephen Hawking (and relationship with his first wife) and the work he is so admired for, unlike so many other film biographies of so-called Great Men.
James Marsh (Man on Wire) directs Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones in the November 7th release.
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3