Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #565: What Price Victory?
In case you didn't watch the Oscars, yes, that's how this played out. How to Train Your Dragon lost to Toy Story 3 in Best Animated Feature, and John Powell's score for Dragon lost to Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross's The Social Network score. At the very least, Dragon lost to two very solid nominees.
To the non-winning nominees in the Best Original Screenplay, Best Director or Best Picture categories, I'm afraid I can't say the same. The King's Speech — which I enjoyed — had a perfectly contrived Oscarbait script, solid but unremarkable direction, and was a terrific film overall — but not one for the ages, like The Social Network or even the dark horse nominee, Winter's Bone. It was this year's Shakespeare in Love… and, apparently the Academy agreed. Alas.
If you watched the show, who were you rooting for that either got the Oscar or didn't?
SHIRTS ON SALE! I have a clearance sale on all of the T-shirts in my store, because… I'm trying to clear out of my stock. (That's what clearance sales are usually for, right?) I'm
down the my last three sold out of Copyright shirts, and Popcorn and Breakfast Club are dirt cheap. ORIGINAL ART FOR SALE! If you loved the Shortpacked! guest strip (guest starring Jason!) I did a while back, you can bid on the original art — plus a color print of the finished strip — over on eBay! The bidding on this item ends tomorrow (Tuesday)! Aaaand sold!
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
This is the most standard action movie trailer yet for X-Men: Days of Future Past, but also the best overview of the plot of the actual film (not to be confused with the premise/basic set-up of sending Wolvie back in time in order to blah blah blah).
Pretty cool stuff. The movie finally comes out on May 23, 2014.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: David Fincher’s Gone Girl
- Trailer Watch: Guy Pearce in The Rover
- Trailer Watch: 22 Jump Street red band trailer
- Trailer Watch: How to Train Your Dragon 2 official trailer #3
- Spoiler Zone: Captain America: The Winter Soldier talkback
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla extended look
- Trailer Watch: ScarJo stars in Limitless 2: The Matrix — I mean, Lucy
- I’ve been drawing Turtles, I guess. Here’s Leonardo.
- “Inside the greatest sci-fi film never made” by Bryan Bishop
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles official trailer