Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #512: Say It, Don’t Spray It
Thank you to everybody who made the Multiplex: Enjoy Your Show release party at Third Coast Comics a great time!
Before Thursday rolls around, the book will be officially on sale, but books are actually already shipping! The last batch of Kickstarter books (and some pre-orders) will be shipping TODAY.
Today and tomorrow, I'll be working on getting all of the Artist's Edition sketches drawn (I will probably share a couple of them with you at the Deleted Scenes blog, since I haven't had time to draw or write anything else in the past week to make it more interesting over there).
I hope to get the promised Black Dynamite review and a review of The Town up over there this week, so keep checking back. Short version of The Town: it's a terrific crime flick. Less heavy or thought-provoking than Gone Baby Gone by far, but smart, funny, and very, very tense in spots, with three great robberies anchoring the film.
Pre-orders for the Michael Bay is the Devil T-shirt are still going! We are about 10 shirts shy of printing up the shirts — so it's moving along, but it's not a sure thing yet. If we don't get them by October 4th, I'll be forced to cancel the orders and refund everybody. And that would make me sad, because I totally want one of these, too.
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, April 17, 2014
This apparently hit big at Sundance, and who doesn’t like Jean-Ralphio’s sister on Parks & Rec? Okay, maybe a lot of people, but Jenny Slate is fuckin’ funny. Anyway. Obvious Child is an indie comedy-drama about a young potty-mouth comedian (Slate) who finds out she’s pregnant and… just watch this.
Obvious Child was written and directed by Gillian Robespierre. It hits theaters on June 6, 2014. It’s so indie, its official movie site is on Tumblr.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Rover theatrical trailer
- Trailer Watch: X-Men: Days of Future Past final trailer
- Trailer Watch: David Fincher’s Gone Girl
- Trailer Watch: Guy Pearce in The Rover
- Trailer Watch: 22 Jump Street red band trailer
- Trailer Watch: How to Train Your Dragon 2 official trailer #3
- Spoiler Zone: Captain America: The Winter Soldier talkback
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla extended look
- Trailer Watch: ScarJo stars in Limitless 2: The Matrix — I mean, Lucy
- I’ve been drawing Turtles, I guess. Here’s Leonardo.