Notes from the Manager
Continuity error: The supply closet door opens the opposite direction that it did in #98.
If there was any doubt, you can look closely at Jason's palm in panel 5 and see the tubing Jason is using to squirt blood out of his hand. I generally try to make Kurt's special effects pranks at least somewhat realistic. (If someone has a missing arm, for instance, they have it pulled behind their back.)
The new guy in this strip is named Rookie. Or, that's not his name, but that's what he's going to be called.
If you've somehow managed to avoid every fifth word from my mouth in the past several months, the first Multiplex print collection — Multiplex: Enjoy Your Show — is now available. As in, it is shipping. As in, you pay me money, you get the book as soon as the USPS can manage. No more Kickstarter pledging or pre-orders: money —> book —> happiness.
There IS one preorder going on, still: The Michael Bay is the Devil T-shirt design is six shirts shy of getting printed. (And by the way, if you own a store and would like to carry them, I can get them for you wholesale! Just e-mail me for details.)
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)