Notes from the Manager
So tired. Too much detail to finish before I crash out tonight, so here it is without color shading/toning in the first four panels. (EDIT: It will still be in sepia tones, not "color," like the last panel in #271. I was tired when I wrote that. Poor word choice.)
“Blewitt,” incidentally, refers to Kenneth Blewitt, the manager of the Regal Theater from 1939 through 1959. He was the first Black movie theater manager in Chicago.
Thanks are due to Jason Nellis, for a little research assistance earlier in the month. (Jason says, “Go to Hulu.”)
OH! And, Chicago-area comic book readers — especially those on the north side — would do well to check out Third Coast Comics. It's existed for some time as a mail order service, but it just opened a brick-and-mortar store at 6234 N. Broadway in Edgewater. It's a terrific little shop, with a fantastic mix of indie and mainstream stuff.
UPDATE (8/23): Finally finished toning them. Thanks are due to Jason Bryant (a.k.a. CodeGuy) for a bit of assistance toning one of the panels!
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
I know I don’t usually post stuff like this here, but I was so amazed by this major NASA announcement yesterday. Check it out!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Island (2005)
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transf4mers: Extinction of Ultron
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers something something… the third one, anyway
- Multiplex Movie Review: Ex Machina
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers (2007)
- Multiplex: The Revenge pre-orders are OPEN
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys II
- The Multiplex: The Revenge Kickstarter ends at 9PM Central!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys