Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #820: Moving On
I lied last week, I guess. This is sort of an epilogue to the last arc and a hint at Things To Come.
This is the first time it’s been mentioned in the strip, but those of you who pay attention to the Cast pages know that Feature Cinemas is the chain the Multiplex 10 belongs to. We’ll be meeting a lot more people from other theaters (and home office) in Book Seven.
See you later this week! I’m a little tied up with my summer assistantship to do three this week, I think — and I really need to finish off Book Two, which is so far behind schedule I hate myself. So it’ll probably be Thursday. Anyway, we’ll check back in with Kurt and Jason’s film series then.
UPDATE (7/3): With the upcoming iPhone app including Notes from the Managers, as well, I thought I should try to keep them a little more strip-centric from now on, so I’ve moved some paragraphs about my Amazon.com affiliate link woes over to a Deleted Scenes post. If you don’t get those in your RSS feed, update your address to the current Multiplex Complete RSS feed address!
For you website visitors (thank you for the ad revenue!), you’ll still be able to see me talk about irrelevant shit like that in Deleted Scenes posts right here on the front page of the website — it’ll just be a few inches lower: I’ve added the most recent Deleted Scenes post to the homepage, as well. (I’ve wanted to do that forever, but only recently learned how I could force the movie trailer embeds to fit within the smaller space on the homepage and not break the layout. Hooray for learning.)
The archive pages will still just have headlines, because I don’t like to slow down the page load times for you guys who go on long archive binges.
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, April 17, 2014
This apparently hit big at Sundance, and who doesn’t like Jean-Ralphio’s sister on Parks & Rec? Okay, maybe a lot of people, but Jenny Slate is fuckin’ funny. Anyway. Obvious Child is an indie comedy-drama about a young potty-mouth comedian (Slate) who finds out she’s pregnant and… just watch this.
Obvious Child was written and directed by Gillian Robespierre. It hits theaters on June 6, 2014. It’s so indie, its official movie site is on Tumblr.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Rover theatrical trailer
- Trailer Watch: X-Men: Days of Future Past final trailer
- Trailer Watch: David Fincher’s Gone Girl
- Trailer Watch: Guy Pearce in The Rover
- Trailer Watch: 22 Jump Street red band trailer
- Trailer Watch: How to Train Your Dragon 2 official trailer #3
- Spoiler Zone: Captain America: The Winter Soldier talkback
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla extended look
- Trailer Watch: ScarJo stars in Limitless 2: The Matrix — I mean, Lucy
- I’ve been drawing Turtles, I guess. Here’s Leonardo.