Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #800: See It with a Bud
This will get explained indirectly or otherwise in the next strip or so, but since it’s not supposed to be a point of suspense, I’ll save you the math: 24 tickets means they made $192.
For context, looking at this past Tuesday on Box Office Mojo, the film it would have replaced would have made roughly $100–130 (12–16 tickets) the whole day — so maybe four people in the one screening they replaced.
20 extra people doesn’t sound too bad until you factor in the rental cost of the movie, which would have been around $300.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Friday, November 21, 2014
ComfyCon 2014 — the first and only all-online webcomics mini-convention — starts later today, and this year, I’ll be part of it! I’m joining Monica Gallagher (Bonnie N. Collide, Part-Time Princesses) and Jeff Zugale on the “Making Comic Around a Dayjob” panel Sunday at 2pm Eastern/1pm Central. I might sit in on another panel or two before that one, too — who the f knows?
Check out the full schedule, chock full of your favorite webcartoonists and also me!
Other Recent Posts
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent