Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #790: The Future Is Ours, Part Five
Hopefully you know who Sid Grauman is, but if you don’t, he built LA’s Million Dollar Theatre, Grauman’s Egyptian Theatre, and Grauman’s Chinese Theater (recently renamed the TCL Chinese Theatre for stupid reasons) and received an honorary Oscar in 1949 for “raising the standard for film exhibition.” (That was a little more self-congratulatory than most Academy Awards, since he was one of the 36 co-founders of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, as well. Anyway. He was a bigwig in movie theater exhibition. Joke = explained/killed.
An earlier version of that line referred to “Quentin Fucking Tarantino,” but I thought more of you would have heard of Sid Grauman than would know that Tarantino owns the New Beverly Cinema. (Also, it would imply that Tarantino is more involved than he probably is.)
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Monday, December 1, 2014
In addition to the Multiplex Book set being 25% off, the individual Multiplex books are now 20% off each — and for you digital comics readers, the PDF eBooks are on sale, as well. Check out the EXTREME SAVINGS at the Multiplex Store today!
I feel like a prostitute every time I write copy like this. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Other Recent Posts
- “Steeping” by Gordon McAlpin
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series