Notes from the Manager
Those of you in my hometown of Peoria, Illinois, or thereabouts — I will be on the Greg and Dan Show on WMBD 1470 AM this Friday, bright and early at 8:00am or something like that. (I find it amusing that their show is followed by Glen Beck.) It should be up as a podcast at a later date, so I'll try to link it up for the rest of you.
I'll also be at Peoria's Acme Books and Comics this Saturday , signing (and selling) books from 12pm to 3pm, as well. Acme is located at 2218 W. Glen Ave., Peoria, IL, and just-so-happens to be the comics shop that I got my books from since it opened.
In fact, the owner, Bob Gordon, is the guy I bought books from since I first started reading comics — I was the annoying kid who hung out at the comics shop way too much after school and sorted the back issue bins in exchange for store credit many a time. Bob and the friendly guys at Acme basically began my comics education — nudging me towards books like Sandman and such at an earlier age than any responsible adult should have, and it's pretty safe to say that if it wasn't for Acme, I wouldn't be making the kind of comics I do now. They're the best guys in the world.
So, going there to sign copies of my own comic book is kind of an extra-awesome thing for me. It kind of makes up for the fact that I'm going to be in Peoria all weekend.
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, April 17, 2014
This apparently hit big at Sundance, and who doesn’t like Jean-Ralphio’s sister on Parks & Rec? Okay, maybe a lot of people, but Jenny Slate is fuckin’ funny. Anyway. Obvious Child is an indie comedy-drama about a young potty-mouth comedian (Slate) who finds out she’s pregnant and… just watch this.
Obvious Child was written and directed by Gillian Robespierre. It hits theaters on June 6, 2014. It’s so indie, its official movie site is on Tumblr.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Rover theatrical trailer
- Trailer Watch: X-Men: Days of Future Past final trailer
- Trailer Watch: David Fincher’s Gone Girl
- Trailer Watch: Guy Pearce in The Rover
- Trailer Watch: 22 Jump Street red band trailer
- Trailer Watch: How to Train Your Dragon 2 official trailer #3
- Spoiler Zone: Captain America: The Winter Soldier talkback
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla extended look
- Trailer Watch: ScarJo stars in Limitless 2: The Matrix — I mean, Lucy
- I’ve been drawing Turtles, I guess. Here’s Leonardo.