Notes from the Manager
I have to give a bit of credit to a guy I don’t know for Kurt’s description of John Powell's How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack as “Titanic and Braveheart having a baby.” A friend of reader Kyle Theaker’s apparently described the track “Romantic Flight” from that soundtrack as being as if “Titanic and Lord of the Rings had a baby in heaven,” which somehow made sense to me.
The Scottish accents in the Dragon score called Howard Shore’s Braveheart soundtrack to my mind a little more, though. Unsurprisingly, I own the Braveheart soundtrack, and listened to it constantly in college. I’m a fairly big movie-music buff, though, so I own a lot of soundtracks, even for movies I’ve never seen. John Powell’s score for P.S. I Love You is gorgeous, for instance, but the movie looks like an abomination.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Saturday, November 22, 2014
A short experimental film I made for schoolz. (Mostly) shot in 240 fps slow motion on an iPhone 6. Edited with Final Cut Pro. There are a few shots I’d have liked to redo if I wasn’t under the gun for a deadline (and hadn’t run out of tea), but… oh well.
Other Recent Posts
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer