Notes from the Manager
I have to give a bit of credit to a guy I don’t know for Kurt’s description of John Powell's How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack as “Titanic and Braveheart having a baby.” A friend of reader Kyle Theaker’s apparently described the track “Romantic Flight” from that soundtrack as being as if “Titanic and Lord of the Rings had a baby in heaven,” which somehow made sense to me.
The Scottish accents in the Dragon score called Howard Shore’s Braveheart soundtrack to my mind a little more, though. Unsurprisingly, I own the Braveheart soundtrack, and listened to it constantly in college. I’m a fairly big movie-music buff, though, so I own a lot of soundtracks, even for movies I’ve never seen. John Powell’s score for P.S. I Love You is gorgeous, for instance, but the movie looks like an abomination.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Joe was stuck in traffic, so Tom Brazelton and I handled it like Captain America and Falcon in Captain America: The Winter Soldier! We also talked about the French supernatural drama The Returned and the all-new Ms. Marvel.
Also, I messed up and forgot to hide the little icons so you can see me when I don’t think you can see me. SUPER PROFESSIONAL PODCASTING SKILLS.
Download: MP3 (36mb)
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Jenny Slate in Obvious Child
- Trailer Watch: The Rover theatrical trailer
- Trailer Watch: X-Men: Days of Future Past final trailer
- Trailer Watch: David Fincher’s Gone Girl
- Trailer Watch: Guy Pearce in The Rover
- Trailer Watch: 22 Jump Street red band trailer
- Trailer Watch: How to Train Your Dragon 2 official trailer #3
- Spoiler Zone: Captain America: The Winter Soldier talkback
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla extended look
- Trailer Watch: ScarJo stars in Limitless 2: The Matrix — I mean, Lucy