Notes from the Manager
It looks like there will be two more updates in this arc, but there will be three updates next week. (One of them's kind of long, so I need a little extra time to finish it.) I want to get next weeks' strips polished off this week, so I can devote all of next week to the prequel comic for Book 1.
Regarding Becky's comment in panel 5, I know somebody will probably jump on me about that, but I'm referring to a 2005 Nature paper that revised the estimate of similarity between human and chimpanzee DNA down from 98% to about 96%. Obviously, "similarity" is, at least to some extent, a subjective thing. A December 2006 paper in PLoS ONE pinned it at about 93% and others say it's even lower. Anyway. They're similar.
By the way, since Monday's is already done, and it's just a four-panel sequence (read: no joke) tying together this and the Wednesday comic, feel free to read it early by voting at TopWebcomics!
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)