Notes from the Manager
This is the first of… three or four, depending on how I end up breaking apart the next few updates.
Splice, for the uninitiated, is the latest film from Cube writer-director Vincenzo Natali. It's been getting some fantastic reviews — and a mess of scathing ones to balance things out a bit. If you've seen the trailer, you're probably expecting an sci-fi-horror/action-thriller like Species.
But where Species was pretty much a crap action movie, it had one thing going for it — Natasha Henstridge naked (and a lot of it); with Splice, there's very little in the way action (or frights) to speak of — despite the trailers, it's going for more of a thinking-man's sci-fi approach — and that's all well and good if you've got a great script like last year's Moon.
Unfortunately, Splice does not — for reasons I'll get into in the next strip, so I won't lay them out here. It's just another "science is bad" tale, but it's neither smart enough or fun enough to pull off that inherently dodgy premise.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Chapter 16 collects strips #339 –362 from the Multiplex archives, plus four bonus comics and one “extended scene” not found in the archives! Chapter 16 costs $1.99.
Supporting the Multiplex chapter eBooks helps make future Multiplex print collections possible. Thank you for your support!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex: The Revenge is now available!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason