Notes from the Manager
Hello, dear readers! I thought I'd point out a couple things:
1) If you've never noticed the previous Comic Tagger I had (the popular webcomics widget thingy by Ash Young), I've replaced it with a fancy text-based version, which you can see below the strip. It's the "Tag This Comic," etc., etc. thing. Thanks to Andrew Fulton (Hi, Andrew!), who made a fancy new version of it for coding it!
For those of you who don't visit the site every Monday and Thursday like clockwork, what this little thing does is — if you hit "Tag This Comic," it will save what strip you tagged, so that you can come back to it sometime in the future and pick up reading where you left off, not missing a single strip.
If you already used the Comic Tagger; it should function the same as before — with one tiny difference: you can now click "Tag This Comic" on the homepage and it will tag the current comic, not the homepage. If you prefer reading your comics in larger chunks (like me), this is a small but significant improvement. (You can also tag the online Chapter eBook pages, although there are only four of those so far.)
2) Sorry, RSS feed subscribers, but now that Multiplex is my day job, I gotta make some money from the 3,000+ subscribers (the majority of whom do not seem to click through to the site). [EDIT: I was sleepy and forgot to finish writing this section. Oops. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused, too.] SO in the near future I'll be adding an ad to the feed. I don't like ads in feeds anymore than the next guy, but it takes me a long time to make these free comics, y'know? I gotta pay rent somehow.
If it's of any consolation, I got rid of the two smaller Project Wonderful sidebar ads at the site? :)
Okay. Other than that, I'm still plugging away at the last new content for Chapter 5, and it should be available next week. (A strip or two should go up for Kickstarter backers in the near future.)
I'll be visiting the real life Melissa Recar today at the theater she manages (the Randall 15 IMAX in Batavia, Illinois). I'll tell her you said "hi."
Help support Multiplex!
Patron rewards include free Multiplex eBooks, bonus comics, “behind the scenes” art, sketches, and more!
You can also support Multiplex by buying Multiplex merch from the Multiplex Store, shopping at Amazon with this affiliate link (US only; for international readers: United Kingdom and Canada), or making a one-time donation via PayPal or Dwolla!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Friday, July 31, 2015
Just like the headline says, the Multiplex: The Revenge Kickstarter project ends TODAY (Friday, July 31) at 9PM Central!
It has successfully passed the goal, so I do not need any additional funds to finish, print, and fulfill Book Three— but any additional funds raised will go toward the production and marketing of the book series: the creation of the bonus strips for Book Four (after Book Three is completed) or a second printing for Book One, for example.
While I will be setting up a BackerKit pre-order page to allow for “pre-order backers” (as BackerKit calls them) to order a selection of the physical rewards, many of the higher level Kickstarter rewards involve background appearances in the book and I need to lock down who those people are in order to get to work on the book. Therefore, those higher level reward packs are exclusively available to Kickstarter backers. Lock them down while you can!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Rock
- Multiplex Movie Review comics MILESTONE GOALS
- Download the first chapter of Multiplex: The Revenge FREE
- Multiplex: Enjoy Your Show is sold out — maybe?
- I had forgotten about an old poster design…
- Spider-Man sketch giveaway
- Multiplex: There and Back Again is $14.95 on Amazon for a limited time
- Jason sketch giveaway (and a Kickstarter update)
- The Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) Kickstarter is GO!