Notes from the Manager
Hello, dear readers! I thought I'd point out a couple things:
1) If you've never noticed the previous Comic Tagger I had (the popular webcomics widget thingy by Ash Young), I've replaced it with a fancy text-based version, which you can see below the strip. It's the "Tag This Comic," etc., etc. thing. Thanks to Andrew Fulton (Hi, Andrew!), who made a fancy new version of it for coding it!
For those of you who don't visit the site every Monday and Thursday like clockwork, what this little thing does is — if you hit "Tag This Comic," it will save what strip you tagged, so that you can come back to it sometime in the future and pick up reading where you left off, not missing a single strip.
If you already used the Comic Tagger; it should function the same as before — with one tiny difference: you can now click "Tag This Comic" on the homepage and it will tag the current comic, not the homepage. If you prefer reading your comics in larger chunks (like me), this is a small but significant improvement. (You can also tag the online Chapter eBook pages, although there are only four of those so far.)
2) Sorry, RSS feed subscribers, but now that Multiplex is my day job, I gotta make some money from the 3,000+ subscribers (the majority of whom do not seem to click through to the site). [EDIT: I was sleepy and forgot to finish writing this section. Oops. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused, too.] SO in the near future I'll be adding an ad to the feed. I don't like ads in feeds anymore than the next guy, but it takes me a long time to make these free comics, y'know? I gotta pay rent somehow.
If it's of any consolation, I got rid of the two smaller Project Wonderful sidebar ads at the site? :)
Okay. Other than that, I'm still plugging away at the last new content for Chapter 5, and it should be available next week. (A strip or two should go up for Kickstarter backers in the near future.)
I'll be visiting the real life Melissa Recar today at the theater she manages (the Randall 15 IMAX in Batavia, Illinois). I'll tell her you said "hi."
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Saturday, May 28, 2016
Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available! If you’re a Kickstarter or Patreon backer, you have already been notified about this, but for those of you who aren’t, you can get it from Gumroad superfast, or you can get it from the Multiplex Store. Either way supports the continued creation of Multiplex.
In Multiplex: Chapter 14, Jason reads a book while the Flickhead and Multiplex crews play more video games. This is some heavy shit here, broh! This volume collects strips #287–310 from the Multiplex archives, plus five bonus comics not found online!
I’ve probably mentioned this before, but I hope to continue making new Multiplex comics for these collections at about the same pace as the regular comic (two a week) over at Patreon, and then releasing the eBook collections with this material every 4–6 weeks or so. (And then funding a print collection through Kickstarter after all of the bonus material is finished — rather than funding the creation of that new material with the Kickstarter as I’ve done for the first three books.)
So just because the strip will be finished doesn’t mean Multiplex is going to disappear entirely!
Other Recent Posts
- “Autobiography” (excerpt)
- Multiplex will be back on Monday
- Multiplex: Chapter 13 is now available!
- Multiplex: Chapter 12 is now available!
- The Sessions: Voice Acting in Anime and Video Games
- Multiplex will be back soon. (updated)
- Work on Book Three has begun.
- Multiplex is back (yes, already!)
- Multiplex is on a short hiatus.
- Major NASA Announcement