Notes from the Manager
Hello, dear readers! I thought I'd point out a couple things:
1) If you've never noticed the previous Comic Tagger I had (the popular webcomics widget thingy by Ash Young), I've replaced it with a fancy text-based version, which you can see below the strip. It's the "Tag This Comic," etc., etc. thing. Thanks to Andrew Fulton (Hi, Andrew!), who made a fancy new version of it for coding it!
For those of you who don't visit the site every Monday and Thursday like clockwork, what this little thing does is — if you hit "Tag This Comic," it will save what strip you tagged, so that you can come back to it sometime in the future and pick up reading where you left off, not missing a single strip.
If you already used the Comic Tagger; it should function the same as before — with one tiny difference: you can now click "Tag This Comic" on the homepage and it will tag the current comic, not the homepage. If you prefer reading your comics in larger chunks (like me), this is a small but significant improvement. (You can also tag the online Chapter eBook pages, although there are only four of those so far.)
2) Sorry, RSS feed subscribers, but now that Multiplex is my day job, I gotta make some money from the 3,000+ subscribers (the majority of whom do not seem to click through to the site). [EDIT: I was sleepy and forgot to finish writing this section. Oops. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused, too.] SO in the near future I'll be adding an ad to the feed. I don't like ads in feeds anymore than the next guy, but it takes me a long time to make these free comics, y'know? I gotta pay rent somehow.
If it's of any consolation, I got rid of the two smaller Project Wonderful sidebar ads at the site? :)
Okay. Other than that, I'm still plugging away at the last new content for Chapter 5, and it should be available next week. (A strip or two should go up for Kickstarter backers in the near future.)
I'll be visiting the real life Melissa Recar today at the theater she manages (the Randall 15 IMAX in Batavia, Illinois). I'll tell her you said "hi."
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)