Notes from the Manager
As I mentioned on Friday on Flicker / Facebook, I wanted to do a parody of a movie poster, and I settled on Memento. It features Jason and Devi, so it sort of ties in with #363–365, where those two saw Ghajini, a shamless (remake of a) rip-off of Memento — but mostly I just thought it'd make a fun image. I hadn't actually intended on doing it so quickly, but I was having too much fun to stop! You can see the original Memento poster over at IMP Awards.
This sort of lighting is a bit on the complicated/time-consuming side, so no, I don't think I'll be using it in the regular strip, but it does make sense (to me) to use them for special illustrations like this, including the eBook covers. After playing around with the techniques, I have updated the first/only HD edition eBook to a "Second Edition," dated Summer 2009. The updated cover is the main change to the book, but I fixed a few mistakes and may have tweaked a few tiny details in the art, as well.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)