Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #308: Twilight of the Nerds
The comic Keith is reading is The Night Projectionist, by Bob Heske and Diego Yapura, a horror comic (in the vein of the old EC horror comics, but with a fresh, modern flavor) about — yep — a mysterious projectionist who has to protect a movie theater full of small-town yokels from a vampire attack. (No, this was not a paid product placement, although I almost made a product placement joke in this strip — but it felt too much like I was breaking the fourth wall.)
The first issue is now available at fine local comics shops everywhere (or at Heavy Ink, if you want to order it online). It's also being serialized online in black and white as a Night Projectionist Noir (the first twelve pages are up so far, and it almost looks cooler in black and white). This first issue is all set-up, though; the second issue is where the fun really begins. If reading isn't your thing, you can also wait for the movie adaptation from Myriad Pictures, which has already been announced.
Thanks are due to Studio 407 and Bob Heske for permission to use the cover art in this comic.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is now available in the Multiplex Store! (Only regular/unsigned editions are available at this time; I’ll add artist’s editions once all of the Kickstarter rewards have been fulfilled.)
Multiplex: The Revenge collects chapters 11–15 of the series (strips #217–338, which ran from March 2008 to March 2009), plus over 30 bonus comics — including an all-new stories sets on opening night of The Dark Knight and Zack Snyder’s Watchmen! If you miss Multiplex and would like to see more with these characters, the book collections are for you.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie