Notes from the Manager
So… yeah. #250, and the first (I think) completely self-contained strip in a rather long time, although it might help if you have even a passing familiarity with American Girl dolls (particularly the "Just Like You" line) and with the existence of the Kit Kittredge: An American Girl movie starring Abigal Breslin (in limited release now, opening nationwide on July 2nd). That being the case, if you're a boy and you don't get this strip, I wouldn't really stress out about it. Really.
EDIT (6/27/08): If only this ad could be up on this page all the time:
Anyway, so #250. It's not really a milestone, just a round number. As many of you know, there are a handful of other strips not in the archives, in the first Multiplex eBook and a one or two as-yet-uncollected ones from the upcoming second eBook (yes, I'm waaaaay behind, I know), so this is really not the 250th Multiplex strip.
The next real milestone for me will be the third anniversary, which is right around the corner, on July 10th — but I guess some people still think the round-numbers thing is pretty cool, so thank you for reading all the same.
By the way, despite my promise (to myself) that I won't be going to any comic book conventions until I have a frickin' comic book to sell, it turns out I will be appearing at this year's Wizard World Chicago after all — on Saturday (June 28) only. It's kind of an unoffical appearance, so I won't be in the program book, but you will be able to find me at Tom Brazelton's booth (#4308) in Artist's Alley, alongside Joe Dunn at the Digital Pimp booth (#4310). Stop by, introduce yourself, and I'll draw a crappy little picture for you… by hand, even.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Saturday, November 22, 2014
A short experimental film I made for schoolz. (Mostly) shot in 240 fps slow motion on an iPhone 6. Edited with Final Cut Pro. There are a few shots I’d have liked to redo if I wasn’t under the gun for a deadline (and hadn’t run out of tea), but… oh well.
Other Recent Posts
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer