Notes from the Manager
Aaaand... #150! And so ends my months-long, mad scramble to hit #150 in the same week as the two-year anniversary... Multiplex historians will note that this is the first strip set entirely away from the theater. It won't happen too often -- it's called "Multiplex," after all. Thanks (once again) for reading, everybody. See you Monday.
Oh, and for the record, yes, the title of this strip is from the song by Player, which was most recently used rather well in the mostly-shitty Transformers movie. (Listen to the latest Triple Feature for more of my thoughts -- and Tom Brazelton's -- on the film. Joe Dunn, who gave his opinion last week, immediately after seeing a sneak preview of the film, also chimed in with his thoughts, one week later. Plus, we spent a few minutes talking about Multiplex, the two-year anniversary, and how I apparently manage to successfully keep things fresh in the series after 150 installments...)
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)