Notes from the Manager
Thanks to Tom Brazelton of the recently ended Theater Hopper for today's guest strip. This one is actually sort of a passing of the torch strip for this character, Jimmy. If you read Theater Hopper regularly, you'll know him from that comic and possibly have seen Tom's recent announcement that he'll be joining the Multiplex 10 crew starting in Book 7, taking on a Shift Supervisor position. Tom's one of my best buds in webcomics, and I'm really happy to keep Jimmy alive for a little longer (mwah ha ha ha… kidding).
Whether or not you've read Theater Hopper, though, please check out Tom's recently launched Kickstarter project for Theater Hopper eBooks! It's a really funny strip, chock full of movie jokes (oh man, do you guys remember when I used to do movie jokes? memories…), and I even make a cameo in it once in a while. It's good times!
Oh, and sharp-eyed readers will notice that the URL in the copyright line for this doesn't actually say Theater Hopper — it says Midwestern Nice. What's Midwestern Nice?! I'm not telling. Mostly because I don't know. But I'm still not telling!
See you Thursday with one last guest strippy sort of thing. Book 7 starts on Monday.
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, April 17, 2014
This apparently hit big at Sundance, and who doesn’t like Jean-Ralphio’s sister on Parks & Rec? Okay, maybe a lot of people, but Jenny Slate is fuckin’ funny. Anyway. Obvious Child is an indie comedy-drama about a young potty-mouth comedian (Slate) who finds out she’s pregnant and… just watch this.
Obvious Child was written and directed by Gillian Robespierre. It hits theaters on June 6, 2014. It’s so indie, its official movie site is on Tumblr.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Rover theatrical trailer
- Trailer Watch: X-Men: Days of Future Past final trailer
- Trailer Watch: David Fincher’s Gone Girl
- Trailer Watch: Guy Pearce in The Rover
- Trailer Watch: 22 Jump Street red band trailer
- Trailer Watch: How to Train Your Dragon 2 official trailer #3
- Spoiler Zone: Captain America: The Winter Soldier talkback
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla extended look
- Trailer Watch: ScarJo stars in Limitless 2: The Matrix — I mean, Lucy
- I’ve been drawing Turtles, I guess. Here’s Leonardo.