Notes from the Manager
The film, of course, is Her. (You can read, right?) Here is its first trailer:
In case you guys don’t remember Jimmy, he’s a refugee from Theater Hopper, the late, lamented movie comic by my good friend Tom Brazelton.
Speaking of Tom and late, lamented movie-related things, this Sunday (January 26) at 9 PM Central, Tom and Joe Dunn of Joe Loves Crappy Movies and myself are joining forces once again for a video reunion of The Triple Feature, our old movie podcast. We’ll be discussing a trio of topics: Jack Reacher (the Christopher McQuarrie Tom Cruise flick), the first few episodes of Helix (the new sci-fi series from Battlestar Galactica’s Ronald D. Moore), and Slayground (the fourth and latest in Darwyn Cooke’s series of comics adaptations of the Parker novels)! Chances are we’ll run a bit long, because there’s so much to talk about!
You have to be one of my Patreon backers at the $10 level or higher in order to call in live — I’ve had enough technical difficulties already with the ones so far; I’m new to this stuff! But I’ll have more information about where you can watch (posted to the Deleted Scenes blog), and unlike future editions of the Patreon video hangout things I will make this one available for anybody to watch on YouTube after the fact.
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, April 17, 2014
This apparently hit big at Sundance, and who doesn’t like Jean-Ralphio’s sister on Parks & Rec? Okay, maybe a lot of people, but Jenny Slate is fuckin’ funny. Anyway. Obvious Child is an indie comedy-drama about a young potty-mouth comedian (Slate) who finds out she’s pregnant and… just watch this.
Obvious Child was written and directed by Gillian Robespierre. It hits theaters on June 6, 2014. It’s so indie, its official movie site is on Tumblr.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Rover theatrical trailer
- Trailer Watch: X-Men: Days of Future Past final trailer
- Trailer Watch: David Fincher’s Gone Girl
- Trailer Watch: Guy Pearce in The Rover
- Trailer Watch: 22 Jump Street red band trailer
- Trailer Watch: How to Train Your Dragon 2 official trailer #3
- Spoiler Zone: Captain America: The Winter Soldier talkback
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla extended look
- Trailer Watch: ScarJo stars in Limitless 2: The Matrix — I mean, Lucy
- I’ve been drawing Turtles, I guess. Here’s Leonardo.