Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #874: The Spirit of the Season
Probably one more strip in this chapter, unless I change my mind about something! Which happens.
As for this strip, I wanted to have Norma slip in a comment about how the customer really only wanted free passes anyway, but there wasn’t any room. Speaking from experience, if you complain about something, it’s pretty easy to get free passes.
With me, when I complain about something, it’s almost always a presentation thing, and I really just want them to fix the problem and/or never let it happen again. Yet almost every multiplex I’ve been to in Chicago or Minneapolis, I’ve had to complain about the presentation: either too-dark screens (old bulbs), focus issues, 3D ghosting/crosstalk, or sound problems.
Most recently, a small two-screen theater in Minneapolis had focus issues and a too-dark screen when I saw Frozen. I fired off a (polite) complaint to the management, and along with an apology and an explanation that it was improperly cleaned porthole glass that caused the issues — the first I’ve heard of that issue. I also got a couple of passes mailed to me that I’m a little nervous about ever using. (“Sorry our movie presentation sucked; here’s passes so you can see more movies here!” Hmm…)
Anyway. How about you guys? Have you ever complained about something to management at a theater? How did they respond?
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Monday, December 1, 2014
In addition to the Multiplex Book set being 25% off, the individual Multiplex books are now 20% off each — and for you digital comics readers, the PDF eBooks are on sale, as well. Check out the EXTREME SAVINGS at the Multiplex Store today!
I feel like a prostitute every time I write copy like this. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Other Recent Posts
- “Steeping” by Gordon McAlpin
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series