Notes from the Manager
It’s not a sentiment especially unique to this quote (or this comic), but the title comes from a Henry Rollins interview: “Cynicism is at this point for me, intellectual sloth and cowardice.”
This is it for this scene, but as you can tell, things are unresolved between Melissa and Becky, and you can bet it’ll come up again.
You might poke about the website a bit today. I’ve replaced many of the simpler graphics (the logo at the top, the web icons in the footer, and all of the Cast “photos”) with SVGs (Scalable Vector Graphics), meaning you can now zoom into them and they will be super-crisp. This also makes them retina-display-friendly. The more complex images haven’t been updated yet, and unfortuantely, the strip art is much too complex for SVG, so those have to stay raster images.
Along with that, I’ve updated a number of the character histories in the Cast Pages section; some of them are out of date still (there are fifty of them, y’know?), but I’m working on it. Let me know if there are any characters you think I should add! I know Guy and Turtle have probably appeared enough to merit entries, and probably a few more of the recurring customers, although I’m slightly embarassed at some of my secret nicknames for them.
I’ve also — finally — named the chain that owns the Multiplex 10 Cinemas, albeit only in the Cast Pages/Bonus Features section for now. It’s called “Feature Cinemas,” which seemed simple enough and didn’t appear to be taken. So far, only two characters are in that category — Max and Candace (the film buyer)… but it won’t stay that way for long.
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Joe was stuck in traffic, so Tom Brazelton and I handled it like Captain America and Falcon in Captain America: The Winter Soldier! We also talked about the French supernatural drama The Returned and the all-new Ms. Marvel.
Also, I messed up and forgot to hide the little icons so you can see me when I don’t think you can see me. SUPER PROFESSIONAL PODCASTING SKILLS.
Download: MP3 (36mb)
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Jenny Slate in Obvious Child
- Trailer Watch: The Rover theatrical trailer
- Trailer Watch: X-Men: Days of Future Past final trailer
- Trailer Watch: David Fincher’s Gone Girl
- Trailer Watch: Guy Pearce in The Rover
- Trailer Watch: 22 Jump Street red band trailer
- Trailer Watch: How to Train Your Dragon 2 official trailer #3
- Spoiler Zone: Captain America: The Winter Soldier talkback
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla extended look
- Trailer Watch: ScarJo stars in Limitless 2: The Matrix — I mean, Lucy