Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #808: The Neutral Zone
Sorry I was late with this one! I got it in under the Friday wire (for my time zone, anyway).
This is the first (or second?) of a short hand-drawn arc. As you can probably see, this one is less overtly a “promo” than the first one. They weren’t going to all be about coming to see movies, of course: these are partly just excuses for me to do hand-drawn comics with the Multiplex gang in fun situations.
Anyway. I’m trying to get caught up to the present day, but these hand-drawn strips take a lot of time, y’know.
For the people who haven’t seen Star Trek Into Darkness: rest assured, this does not spoil anything in the movie (except that there is a ship called the Vengeance, I guess, and Benedict Cumberbatch is in it at some point?)… Okay, nothing that wasn’t clear in the trailer, anyway. I wrote most of this arc before I ever saw the movie.
There will not be any spoilers in the rest of the arc, and I would appreciate it if there weren’t any in the comments section, either! Not even with a spoiler warning. Because come on.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)