Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #796: Strange Bedfellows
Some of your comments on Monday’s strip were extra amusing to me in light of this strip.
Anyway. It occurred to me as I was scripting this strip that it really gets at one of the central themes in this phase of Multiplex: the movie industry and movie theater industry’s rapidly changing states at this time. It seems like the industry has changed more in the last seven years than in the thirty before it, because of home video, because of digital downloads and streaming, and any number of other factors.
Hopefully I’m not just indulging myself by focusing on these topics for the next… while… but it seems natural to me that the characters would have to deal with them.
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, February 4, 2016
Today, I said goodbye to my best friend and my uncredited assistant since Multiplex began. As you may know from previous posts here, he has had some health issues for a while, and… well, the short version is, a new infection (compounded by his other issues) raised the question of the quality of his life. We had a good eighteen years.
Good night, sweet boy. I’ll miss you.
Multiplex is taking a short break.
UPDATE: Multiplex will start updating again on 2/12.
Other Recent Posts
- Work on Book Three has begun.
- Multiplex is back (yes, already!)
- Multiplex is on a short hiatus.
- Major NASA Announcement
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Island (2005)
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transf4mers: Extinction of Ultron
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers something something… the third one, anyway
- Multiplex Movie Review: Ex Machina
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers (2007)