Notes from the Manager
(I cheated and changed last Friday’s title from “Early to Bed, Early to Rise” to just “Early to Bed,” so I could use the “Early to Rise” part here instead.)
Part of Jason’s line in panel 3 is sort of self-indulgently in-jokey with myself. If you read through archives, a lot of the movie news-focused strips deal with movies that have, for better or for worse, never happened. (Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s kaiju flick, for instance.) I find this a little frustrating when I’m reading Multiplex: Enjoy Your Show, for instance, even though I know it’s not that big of a deal. The humor is more about how people talk about movies, not from the fact that they’re talking about these specific movies.
Anyway. Obviously, this is all real news. I know J. J. Abrams has his detractors (including some of you), but I love his directing. The scripts he works on aren’t always so solid, but the writers lined up for Episodes VII through IX are pretty promising. Although they’d have to be pretty spectacular for me to think of them as anything other than fan fiction, I’m curious to see what they come up with for the first time since the news of new Star Wars films broke.
Don’t forget that Multiplex is now on a Monday/Friday schedule, so see you in four days.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, May 3, 2015
This is the final version of the Multiplex animated short I made for my Animation class this semester. No promises, but hopefully this will be the first of many! Thanks (again) to Matt Matonich for providing the voice of Kurt!
Some of you will recognize Jason’s final line as a title of Multiplex #285, so I’m sort of recycling something here, but not really. In any case, Jason and Kurt being in red vests is an indication that these shorts take place outside of current Multiplex continuity.
Other Recent Posts
- Tell me a story. (Looking for a prose writer for an eBook single.) — UPDATED
- Leonard Nimoy (1931–2015)
- Cyber Monday is stupid, but the books are on sale, anyway!
- “Steeping” by Gordon McAlpin
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer