Notes from the Manager
Last week, Arclight Cinemas announced it was opening a 14-screen theater in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago, near North & Clybourn. Not a bad location, though it's pretty annoyingly congested all the time.
After a little extra research, I found out this had been briefly mentioned in a release about the New City development that it was part of, and I figured that Norma (if not Jason) would have been up on this sort of news.
SCHEDULE UPDATE! Apologies for the last minute/sudden decision about this, but Multiplex is switching to a Monday/Friday schedule. (And likely Friday afternoon, at that.) I've only been to one class so far, but it looks like there is zero chance of me making the regular Thursday deadlines this semester.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Friday, August 15, 2014
There’s no telling how the film will turn out, but the trailer for The Theory of Everything impressed me by having a respectably balanced focus on both the life of Stephen Hawking (and relationship with his first wife) and the work he is so admired for, unlike so many other film biographies of so-called Great Men.
James Marsh (Man on Wire) directs Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones in the November 7th release.
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3