Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #729: Strength in Numbers
With the Chapter 9 eBook out now, I'm in the home stretch for the new material in Multiplex: There and Back Again (Book 2), but I am behind schedule. I hadn't counted on the hand-drawn movie arc going quite this long or taking as much time as it has to draw each strip (it's a bit longer than the vector stuff, most of the time).
With grad school approaching fast (in September), there's a chance it'll affect the publication date, unfortunately, and there's a chance that I'll need to shift some things around with the regular strip, as well — like switch to a Monday/Friday update schedule or something — in order to accommodate my class schedule.
I hope to be able to keep up with the regular twice a week schedule, though. Multiplex is (tentatively) mapped out as a nine volume series, and this is Book Six, obviously, so I'll be doing a large chunk of these last three books while attending getting my MFA. It's gonna be rough. Please bear with me in the next couple of months as I figure out how it's all going to work!
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is now available in the Multiplex Store! (Only regular/unsigned editions are available at this time; I’ll add artist’s editions once all of the Kickstarter rewards have been fulfilled.)
Multiplex: The Revenge collects chapters 11–15 of the series (strips #217–338, which ran from March 2008 to March 2009), plus over 30 bonus comics — including an all-new stories sets on opening night of The Dark Knight and Zack Snyder’s Watchmen! If you miss Multiplex and would like to see more with these characters, the book collections are for you.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie