Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #729: Strength in Numbers
With the Chapter 9 eBook out now, I'm in the home stretch for the new material in Multiplex: There and Back Again (Book 2), but I am behind schedule. I hadn't counted on the hand-drawn movie arc going quite this long or taking as much time as it has to draw each strip (it's a bit longer than the vector stuff, most of the time).
With grad school approaching fast (in September), there's a chance it'll affect the publication date, unfortunately, and there's a chance that I'll need to shift some things around with the regular strip, as well — like switch to a Monday/Friday update schedule or something — in order to accommodate my class schedule.
I hope to be able to keep up with the regular twice a week schedule, though. Multiplex is (tentatively) mapped out as a nine volume series, and this is Book Six, obviously, so I'll be doing a large chunk of these last three books while attending getting my MFA. It's gonna be rough. Please bear with me in the next couple of months as I figure out how it's all going to work!
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)