Notes from the Manager
A couple of details unimportant enough not to include here (or that will come up later and aren't spoilery):
1) Josh doesn't work for the pizza place again. It's just an old shirt and hat he could get blood all over. He's a bartender now.
2) Since it's a black and white movie, they used black blood for these effects shots to heighten the contrast. Black and white also makes adding these extra zombies a lot easier, since they don't need to color match. That's one of the reasons they chose black and white, other than just being creepier, of course.
3) Josh is being used way in the back of the shot (he's in the top right), so they didn't need to put any detail in his missing arm or do the usual zombie eyes they've been using in the other scenes. I realize that the footage of Josh is still in the camera, and that Franklin wouldn't have actually been able to drop him into the version he showed Josh, but it's not meant to be literally the exact shot that he sees; it's the finished version. Well, finished without graytones, because I've fallen far enough behind on Book 2 that I still can't spare the time to tone the regular updates.
4) The "shot we took last fall" Jason mentions in panel 3 was taken in #664.
I wanted to have someone say that the green screen really tied the room together, but there wasn't room. sigh
So like I mentioned in (3), I've been falling behind on Book 2, but the Chapter 8 eBook will come out this week. The final bonus strip for it is done; I just need to get the actual eBook finished up now.
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
• A free eBook every month (or so)!
• Multiplex Movie Reviews and
other bonus comics
• Character doodles!
• Invites to Google Hangouts!
• Sneak peeks at early and in-progress
strips and artwork!
• and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Saturday, March 8, 2014
We’ve just hit the second milestone goal ($600)!
What this means is, once my patrons’ accounts are charged next (around the first of next month), MULTIPLEX WILL BE COMPLETELY READER-SUPPORTED AND DEVOID OF THOSE ANNOYING THIRD PARTY ADS. Thank you so incredibly much to all of the Patreon backers and anyone else who spread the word about the project (or Multiplex, really)!
Once I can roll out the reworked site, strip images will be significantly larger (most likely 900px wide), yet the website should still load a bit faster. My programmer Jelly and I are looking at making the site both responsive and retina-friendly at the same time, but those may take a while longer… so no promises for those just yet.
I would just yank the ads now, because I hate them, except that would screw up the site layout. Removing them is not quite as simple as it might seem, I’m afraid, and will involve a bit of a redesign, as I mention in the Milestone Goals sidebar over at Patreon.
When we reach the NEXT milestone goal ($1000): I will post (at least) four Multiplex Movie Reviews or other bonus comics per month here for patrons! So it will be allllmost like three strips per week.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4-minute preview trailer
- Trailer Watch: Stage Fright, a horror-comedy-musical
- Trailer Watch: Boom! Kaboom! Pazow! Zap!
- Multiplex Chapter eBooks: the pre-release editions — and a word about Book Three
- They PRE-ORDERED Multiplex: There and Back Again (Book Two). What happened next blew their frickin’ minds.