Notes from the Manager
Ruh roh, Kurt! Looks like the Avengers aren't the only one with a Hulk! (Those are Jamal and Hatterman, if you didn't recognize their hand-drawn incarnations.)
Final notice! The Book 2 Project is closing up shop at midnight tonight! (Or sometime tomorrow.) So no more dawdling — support Book 2 if you want to, or forever hold your peace! You will, of course, be able to pre-order it about a month before the book is released, but this is your last chance to get any of the higher-end rewards, or your name on the Thank You page for Kickstarter and Book 2 Project supporters. Check out the various ways you can contribute in the Multiplex Store.
(If you're curious, we've raised a total of $19,926.42 from the combined funding projects — or $14,612.66 after Kickstarter, Amazon, and PayPal fees have been deducted, and money for taxes has been set aside. In other words, that smaller number is the actual book budget.)
Speaking of The Avengers, which comes out today in the US: Who's gonna see it? Who's taking an ethical stand against seeing this movie because of whatever? Who's already seen it because you live in some other fuckin' country? And who is gonna wait for a while for the crazy crowds to die down before they see it?
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, April 17, 2014
This apparently hit big at Sundance, and who doesn’t like Jean-Ralphio’s sister on Parks & Rec? Okay, maybe a lot of people, but Jenny Slate is fuckin’ funny. Anyway. Obvious Child is an indie comedy-drama about a young potty-mouth comedian (Slate) who finds out she’s pregnant and… just watch this.
Obvious Child was written and directed by Gillian Robespierre. It hits theaters on June 6, 2014. It’s so indie, its official movie site is on Tumblr.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Rover theatrical trailer
- Trailer Watch: X-Men: Days of Future Past final trailer
- Trailer Watch: David Fincher’s Gone Girl
- Trailer Watch: Guy Pearce in The Rover
- Trailer Watch: 22 Jump Street red band trailer
- Trailer Watch: How to Train Your Dragon 2 official trailer #3
- Spoiler Zone: Captain America: The Winter Soldier talkback
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla extended look
- Trailer Watch: ScarJo stars in Limitless 2: The Matrix — I mean, Lucy
- I’ve been drawing Turtles, I guess. Here’s Leonardo.