Notes from the Manager
I sure hope all this set-up isn't boring, but it's pretty necessary.
Those of you who don't pay attention to the Deleted Scenes blog might check out the latest post, about the revised Chapter 1–5 eBooks, which are now available at the Multiplex Store, and the Chapter 6 eBook, which is now available for pre-order. (It will be finished within a month, for certain, hopefully in the next few weeks.)
I go into this in a little more depth in the blog post, but supporting the Chapter eBooks is the single best way to help me get the bonus comics for the Book 2 print collection finished — and they're only $1.49! If you want Book 2 to see the light of day, think of each of these Chapter eBooks as a mini-Kickstarter. This is the best way — right now — to support the production of the next book.
Don't forget that you can always commission illustrations (hand-drawn or vector) through the Multiplex Store, too!
Why wait until I do a Kickstarter project, when you can get pretty much all the same "rewards" already — and for less money?!
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
Ten years ago this month (on July 10th, 2005, to be specific), I posted two shitty looking comics to a corner of the Stripped Books website. At that point, I had no idea what I was in for: it was a gag strip that would quickly transform into a character-based comedy where people talk about movies — not just superficially about specific movies, but about how people watch and talk about movies of all kinds. The art got a little better, too.
The Multiplex characters took on a life of their own and ultimately turned this comic into an eleven- or twelve-year “epic” about the movie theater industry in one of the most interesting periods in its hundred-year history (and also this one jerk who kinda sorta becomes a slightly better person maybe if you squint your eyes and cock your head to the side a little).
Multiplex’s readership grew quickly in those first few years, thanks in very large part to a pair of guest strips on PvP and some well-placed Project Wonderful ad campaigns (thanks, Something Positive and Shortpacked!), and in the years since it has since retained a small but passionate readership that has supported me time and time again: the Patreon project of course, as well as two successful Kickstarter projects to fund two books I’m very proud of.*
Thank you for allowing me to tell this story.
Thank you for reading.
* Speaking of Kickstarter projects, there will be an announcement about Multiplex: Book Three… very soon.
Other Recent Posts
- Gumroad now takes PayPal!
- Multiplex is taking a short break.
- Multiplex: The Chosen One
- Tell me a story. (Looking for a prose writer for an eBook single.) — UPDATED
- Leonard Nimoy (1931–2015)
- Cyber Monday is stupid, but the books are on sale, anyway!
- “Steeping” by Gordon McAlpin
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!