Notes from the Manager
Well, I hope you've seen Brazil before reading this strip. If you haven't, go. Now.
Zack Snyder's Sucker Punch cribbed a lot from Brazil and upped the action quotient by about a bajillion. Unfortunately, its characters were so devoid of personality and the fantasy sequences so disconnected from the real-world plot that it made it impossible for me to enjoy the action for the brainless eye candy that I'd hoped it would be, at the very least.
The visuals were neat, as Snyder's usually are, but his constantly-turned-up-to-eleven directing style pushes me out of the movie continually. I can't even say I hated the film overall. There's not enough there to hate, really. It was just utterly tedious.
If you saw Sucker Punch this weekend, what'd you think?
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, February 4, 2016
Today, I said goodbye to my best friend and my uncredited assistant since Multiplex began. As you may know from previous posts here, he has had some health issues for a while, and… well, the short version is, a new infection (compounded by his other issues) raised the question of the quality of his life. We had a good eighteen years.
Good night, sweet boy. I’ll miss you.
Multiplex is taking a short break.
Other Recent Posts
- Work on Book Three has begun.
- Multiplex is back (yes, already!)
- Multiplex is on a short hiatus.
- Major NASA Announcement
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Island (2005)
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transf4mers: Extinction of Ultron
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers something something… the third one, anyway
- Multiplex Movie Review: Ex Machina
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers (2007)