Notes from the Manager
Hey, gang. There’s an interview with me about Multiplex over at Comixpedia, as part of their movies-themed May “issue.” Check it out. And if you’re a first-time reader thanks to said interview, welcome!
Anyway, yes, it’s true: Mission: Impossible III only got $48 million on its opening weekend (this past weekend), which isn’t bad, but it’s not great, either, for being the fourth widest release ever. Since the international total kicked that up another $70 million, there’s no doubt it will make back its $150 million or so budget, but it’s pretty clear that it opened just a bit too early in the year for “summer” and/or the whole “Tom Cruise is crazy” backlash has hurt his drawing power. It’s a shame, though, because it really is a great, fun, action-packed movie, with a uniformly great cast. Hopefully some well-deserved positive word-of-mouth will do the film some justice.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)