Notes from the Manager
On a mostly unrelated note, The Weinstein Company is "developing" a sequel to Bad Santa. Okay, it's my favorite Christmas movie ever and all, but… really? (Also on their list of "properties" to enfranchise: Rounders and Shakespeare in Love.)
By the way, I did a guest strip for Shortpacked! (To any new readers from Shortpacked!: please start from the beginning. The comic makes way more sense that way. Don't feel intimidated by all the movie chatter; Multiplex is about movies in the same way Shortpacked! is about toys — which is to say, you don't need to be a big nerd about 'em to enjoy the comic. Or, at least, I'm not into toys, but I love Shortpacked!, so I don't think you do.)
I've had a few promised guest strips go up in smoke, so anyone interested in doing one — or writing a script for one — please drop me a line for the rules and regulations! I will be drawing (by hand) the best script that gets sent to me in the VERY near future, sometime later this week. As an added bonus, if I draw your script, I'll send you the original art!
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)