Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #469: Enquiring Minds Want to Know
Alinea is a real restaurant in Chicago. While I've never eaten there, the whole concept of art food just doesn't sit that well with me. I'm a traditionalist in some respects, at least with food. :) But it's more that I just have no interest in it than that I (like Whitey… er, Dub) think it's actually "novelty bullshit." The Hot Potato, Cold Potato is one of their signature dishes. EDIT: Oh, right, and you can literally eat the menu. EDIT 2: Or possibly not. At Moto, another "molecular gastronomy" sort of restaurant, you can.
Sorry about the late strip (I don't let it happen too often, as long-time readers know). We'll get back to Jason and Becky next week, I promise! I know a few of you were chomping at the bit about that. heh
In other news, the pre-order drive is going steadily — but a little slower than I had hoped. Please! If you love Multiplex and would like to pick up a copy of the book sooner or later, pre-order the book. The Kickstarter funds have long since run dry and ill-timed (as always) car problems are threatening my plans to go to Fallcon or the Indianapolis convention I have on my Events calendar. :( I need your help! If you aren't interested in the book, consider buying something else from the Multiplex Store — a print or a shirt, or even a vector portrait — or simply making a donation using the button in the sidebar.
And if you're completely broke (like me) and a Goodreads member, be sure to check out this item over at the Deleted Scenes blog. (I'll be plugging stuff over there in the Notes until I get the impression that most Multiplex readers actually know it exists.)
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Saturday, November 22, 2014
A short experimental film I made for schoolz. (Mostly) shot in 240 fps slow motion on an iPhone 6. Edited with Final Cut Pro. There are a few shots I’d have liked to redo if I wasn’t under the gun for a deadline (and hadn’t run out of tea), but… oh well.
Other Recent Posts
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer