Notes from the Manager
I'm not sure this strip truly conveys the boredom and frustration with sitting by listening to people discussing an utterly inane idea that I meant it to, but the "everything in music has been done before" conversation — as obviously stupid as it seems to be to me, at least — is something I hear every few years, usually from young people (as in this strip), and more often than not from people who aren't musicians.
You could have the same conversation about fine art or comics or whatever, and it's essentially rooted in the same inability to comprehend the meaning of the word "infinite" — or, occasionally, an insistence on the sort of overly reductive classifications that lead to silly statements like "there are only 7 basic plots" (or thirty-six, or whatever the number is a particular writer feels like claiming).
To really, effectively convey the boredom and frustration I wanted Becky to be displaying here, I'd probably have needed to do an eight page strip of this circular conversation. But that would be kind of annoying, I think.
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
I know I don’t usually post stuff like this here, but I was so amazed by this major NASA announcement yesterday. Check it out!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Island (2005)
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transf4mers: Extinction of Ultron
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers something something… the third one, anyway
- Multiplex Movie Review: Ex Machina
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers (2007)
- Multiplex: The Revenge pre-orders are OPEN
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys II
- The Multiplex: The Revenge Kickstarter ends at 9PM Central!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys