Notes from the Manager
I'm not sure this strip truly conveys the boredom and frustration with sitting by listening to people discussing an utterly inane idea that I meant it to, but the "everything in music has been done before" conversation — as obviously stupid as it seems to be to me, at least — is something I hear every few years, usually from young people (as in this strip), and more often than not from people who aren't musicians.
You could have the same conversation about fine art or comics or whatever, and it's essentially rooted in the same inability to comprehend the meaning of the word "infinite" — or, occasionally, an insistence on the sort of overly reductive classifications that lead to silly statements like "there are only 7 basic plots" (or thirty-six, or whatever the number is a particular writer feels like claiming).
To really, effectively convey the boredom and frustration I wanted Becky to be displaying here, I'd probably have needed to do an eight page strip of this circular conversation. But that would be kind of annoying, I think.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)