Notes from the Manager
The news broke at Latino Review yesterday that David Goyer was signed by Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. to write the Christopher Nolan-"mentored" Superman film, apparently to be called The Man of Steel, or possibly Superman: The Man of Steel.
It is supposedly drawing some form of inspiration from the John Byrne mini-series of the same name (a reboot of Superman in its own right), likely in its depiction of Lex Luthor more than anything else. Most crucially, it is not an origin story.
While Legendary head honcho Thomas Tull quickly told AICN that the news was a little blown out of proporition — that they're not quite at the script stage yet, IGN later claimed an exclusive (albeit from unnamed "reliable" sources) that Tull was "downplaying" the news, and that not only was Goyer actually on board, but Jonathan Nolan – the co-writer (and brother) with Christopher Nolan of The Dark Knight — was, as well.
Got all that?
The last bit was very late in the day and hasn't yet floated around the internet (I'm a little doubtful of it, myself — AICN's source is the only definitely credible source, so we don't really know much more than we did two weeks ago:
Christopher Nolan has some ideas for it. Nothing!
EDIT: Apparently, DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson has debunked even Chris Nolan's involvement, telling MTV News, "We don't have any plans about that, and as I've mentioned, in the coming months we'll be making a lot of announcements about what our content plans will be. But right now, that's nothing but rumor — and we frankly don't say a whole lot more about rumor than that, so..."
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Saturday, November 22, 2014
A short experimental film I made for schoolz. (Mostly) shot in 240 fps slow motion on an iPhone 6. Edited with Final Cut Pro. There are a few shots I’d have liked to redo if I wasn’t under the gun for a deadline (and hadn’t run out of tea), but… oh well.
Other Recent Posts
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer