Notes from the Manager
So it begins. Monday is my first real day as a professional cartoonist, albeit a temporary one; starting today, I'm taking two months off from my regular (full-time) freelance gig, in order to concentrate on Multiplex — and, of course, the Multiplex: Book 1 print collection.
Kickstarter backers can expect a short video update sometime today, as well as a goodly number of bonus strips from the upcoming book — in addition to the regular updates, of which there will be three this week, once again.
Although this two-parter was really the climax of the arc, there's one last strip in this whole coffee storyline (an epilogue, really), so those of you who have been a little impatient with it can just hang in there 'til Friday, I hope. And those of you who have been enjoying it (which seems to be most of you), can… um… just keep enjoying it, I suppose.
Oh, and if you have a nagging feeling that panel 3 looks familiar, it's parodying a scene from Requiem for a Dream. I wouldn't recommend looking it up if you're in any sort of semi-public locale, because the original shot is rather NSFW.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)