Notes from the Manager
This is the first of two about/at the Patio Theatre.
The Patio Theatre is on the west side of Chicago, in Portage Park. It was built in 1927, seats 1500, and was only recently closed in 2001. Like many theaters in the '20s and '30s, its auditorium sports an "atmospheric" canopy, with twinkling stars and moving (projected?) clouds.
The Patio was featured as the "star" in a recent "Save These Theaters" feature at Forgotten Chicago (a truly fantastic resource for Chicagoans). Devi and Jason will undoubtedly visit the other two someday (but probably not too soon).
The nearby Portage Park Theatre was recently brought back to like (as the Portage Theater — and is the new home of the Silent Film Society. (Alas, these panels take too long for me to visit both this week. But someday, perhaps.)
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Multiplex Books 2 & 3 are on sale for $9.95 each at the Multiplex Store — over 50% off for Book Three! FREE MINI-POSTER SET with every order! Everything must go! (Okay, not everything but how about a couple of cases?)
If you don’t yet have Book One, I’m sorry to say I’m sold out, but it’s available from Amazon!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex 10 is here… the animated short AND the web series!
- Multiplex 10: the web series is coming!
- Multiplex 10 Indiegogo Second Chance campaign launches TOMORROW at 11am
- Multiplex: Chapter 16 is now available!
- Multiplex: The Revenge is now available!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS