Notes from the Manager
This is the first of two about/at the Patio Theatre.
The Patio Theatre is on the west side of Chicago, in Portage Park. It was built in 1927, seats 1500, and was only recently closed in 2001. Like many theaters in the '20s and '30s, its auditorium sports an "atmospheric" canopy, with twinkling stars and moving (projected?) clouds.
The Patio was featured as the "star" in a recent "Save These Theaters" feature at Forgotten Chicago (a truly fantastic resource for Chicagoans). Devi and Jason will undoubtedly visit the other two someday (but probably not too soon).
The nearby Portage Park Theatre was recently brought back to like (as the Portage Theater — and is the new home of the Silent Film Society. (Alas, these panels take too long for me to visit both this week. But someday, perhaps.)
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Monday, December 1, 2014
In addition to the Multiplex Book set being 25% off, the individual Multiplex books are now 20% off each — and for you digital comics readers, the PDF eBooks are on sale, as well. Check out the EXTREME SAVINGS at the Multiplex Store today!
I feel like a prostitute every time I write copy like this. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Other Recent Posts
- “Steeping” by Gordon McAlpin
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series