Notes from the Manager
The movie theater Devi is referring to probably won't get named in the strip for fear of perturbing the owners, but it is the BIG Cinemas Golf Glen location, a five-theater multiplex showing a mix of Indian, Polish, Korean and Hollywood flicks. Its Ebony Lounge serves South Asian cuisine and is managed by India House (which is a fantastic fine-dining Indian restaurant in downtown Chicago). BIG Cinemas Golf Glen just opened a couple of weeks ago and is located in a strip mall on Golf Road in Niles near a bunch of ethnic restaurants: a Korean restaurant, a Filipino grocery store, and, yes, as Devi says, a Filipino restaurant, La Filipiniana. In other words, that strip mall is like a Asian movie- and food-lover's dream.
The movie Devi wants to see is Ghajini. Little does Jason know, it's a loose remake of a Tamil remake of Memento — and, no, I am not making this up. Here's one of the songs from it, featuring its star, Aamir Khan:
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Chapter 16 collects strips #339 –362 from the Multiplex archives, plus four bonus comics and one “extended scene” not found in the archives! Chapter 16 costs $1.99.
Supporting the Multiplex chapter eBooks helps make future Multiplex print collections possible. Thank you for your support!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex: The Revenge is now available!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason