Notes from the Manager
The movie theater Devi is referring to probably won't get named in the strip for fear of perturbing the owners, but it is the BIG Cinemas Golf Glen location, a five-theater multiplex showing a mix of Indian, Polish, Korean and Hollywood flicks. Its Ebony Lounge serves South Asian cuisine and is managed by India House (which is a fantastic fine-dining Indian restaurant in downtown Chicago). BIG Cinemas Golf Glen just opened a couple of weeks ago and is located in a strip mall on Golf Road in Niles near a bunch of ethnic restaurants: a Korean restaurant, a Filipino grocery store, and, yes, as Devi says, a Filipino restaurant, La Filipiniana. In other words, that strip mall is like a Asian movie- and food-lover's dream.
The movie Devi wants to see is Ghajini. Little does Jason know, it's a loose remake of a Tamil remake of Memento — and, no, I am not making this up. Here's one of the songs from it, featuring its star, Aamir Khan:
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
I know I don’t usually post stuff like this here, but I was so amazed by this major NASA announcement yesterday. Check it out!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Island (2005)
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transf4mers: Extinction of Ultron
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers something something… the third one, anyway
- Multiplex Movie Review: Ex Machina
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers (2007)
- Multiplex: The Revenge pre-orders are OPEN
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys II
- The Multiplex: The Revenge Kickstarter ends at 9PM Central!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys