Notes from the Manager
For a little more about Johann Krauss, go here. (The movie version of the character has two S's at the end, for some reason I don't know.)
Anyway, Hellboy 2 was really, really fun!
It's not Pan's Labyrinth or The Devil's Backbone with fight scenes, by any means, but it's very fun. The whole scene with the big plant monster (seen in the trailer) = fantastic. The titular Golden Army = cool as hell. There are several other great bits I'd rather not mention, because you should be surprised by them. It does have a relatively paint-by-numbers plot and a bit too much fantasy "logic," but I still really enjoyed it.
I definitely recommend action movie lovers see it, but don't expect too much more than just some fun action and some really cool creature effects. (By comparison, I thought the first one was just okay.)
There will be two more strips this week — one on Wednesday and another on Friday.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)