Notes from the Manager
Also, if you're not familiar with The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, it's a new picture from Julian Schnabel (Basquiat, Before Night Falls). Being about a man who becomes completely paralyzed except for his left eye, it's a story that could easily have fallen into emotional torture porn territory if Diving Bell weren't so wonderfully shot, with a superb cast and accompanied by a terrific soundtrack. I have some quibbles with a couple of unnecessary liberties the script from the true story it's based upon, but they don't undermine the heart of the movie. It's still in limited release, so it may not be near many of you, but you'll be hearing about this film again come Oscar time.
UPDATE (1/1/08): Happy New Year! So this time, I'm going to try an Honor System Vote Incentive. That means, you don't have to vote at BuzzComix or TopWebComics, but it would sure be nice if you did. Those places have the same incentives as before. A new strip can be seen here, at my Flickr page. This strip takes place between Multiplex #s 23 and 24 (November, 2005) and features everybody's favorites, Jason and Becky, talking about Jane Austen's various film adaptations. Joy.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Chapter 16 collects strips #339 –362 from the Multiplex archives, plus four bonus comics and one “extended scene” not found in the archives! Chapter 16 costs $1.99.
Supporting the Multiplex chapter eBooks helps make future Multiplex print collections possible. Thank you for your support!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex: The Revenge is now available!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason