Notes from the Manager
Also, if you're not familiar with The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, it's a new picture from Julian Schnabel (Basquiat, Before Night Falls). Being about a man who becomes completely paralyzed except for his left eye, it's a story that could easily have fallen into emotional torture porn territory if Diving Bell weren't so wonderfully shot, with a superb cast and accompanied by a terrific soundtrack. I have some quibbles with a couple of unnecessary liberties the script from the true story it's based upon, but they don't undermine the heart of the movie. It's still in limited release, so it may not be near many of you, but you'll be hearing about this film again come Oscar time.
UPDATE (1/1/08): Happy New Year! So this time, I'm going to try an Honor System Vote Incentive. That means, you don't have to vote at BuzzComix or TopWebComics, but it would sure be nice if you did. Those places have the same incentives as before. A new strip can be seen here, at my Flickr page. This strip takes place between Multiplex #s 23 and 24 (November, 2005) and features everybody's favorites, Jason and Becky, talking about Jane Austen's various film adaptations. Joy.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, May 3, 2015
This is the final version of the Multiplex animated short I made for my Animation class this semester. No promises, but hopefully this will be the first of many! Thanks (again) to Matt Matonich for providing the voice of Kurt!
Some of you will recognize Jason’s final line as a title of Multiplex #285, so I’m sort of recycling something here, but not really. In any case, Jason and Kurt being in red vests is an indication that these shorts take place outside of current Multiplex continuity.
Other Recent Posts
- Tell me a story. (Looking for a prose writer for an eBook single.) — UPDATED
- Leonard Nimoy (1931–2015)
- Cyber Monday is stupid, but the books are on sale, anyway!
- “Steeping” by Gordon McAlpin
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer