Notes from the Manager
Ta-dah! New website, sort of. With some help from my User Experience consultant -- a.k.a. my friend Taylor Regan of UXInvestigations -- I whipped up a new face for the Multiplex site. A lot of it is still more or less the same, but the site is, I think, a lot more streamlined and attractive.
• The header/menu has been fancied up and de-advertised. I'll let you discover the other new thing about it on your own, because I think it's pretty neat.
• I've removed and rearranged a lot of the buttons in the sidebar in order to cut down on Taylor called a "NASCAR effect" on the right side of the page.
• The MySpace and Facebook buttons on the side now link to the Multiplex group for each of those websites, respectively. (If you want to friend me at MySpace or Facebook, you're still welcome to, of course! I just moved those links onto the About page.)
I'm also working with my big brother Lawrence (who has apparently just bought a TV) to add a couple more minor functions to the site in the coming weeks, all aimed at making the website a little cleaner and the comic easier than ever to fall in love with -- and to share with your friends.
Anyway, I hope you dig the new site. Please let me know if you find any bugs or broken links. And, as always, thanks for reading!
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, February 11, 2016
This flyer design (including the illustrations, obviously) was a quick freelance project created for Chris Rager, the (English dub) voice of Hercule in Dragon Ball Z and Torgue in Borderlands 2 — a.k.a. the two characters shown here, if you’re unfamiliar with them. He’s starting up a class on voice acting next month and wanted something eye-catching to help promote it.
I met Chris at a convention a year or two ago (that’s why he called me to do this!), and he’s a blast, so if you’re in the Plano, Texas, area and interested, definitely look into this course. The first class runs from March 15th–April 5th, Tuesday evenings from 7–10 pm. (Four classes for three hours each class.)
I don’t know any more details, so just read the flyer!
If nothing else, I thought you guys might like the illustration.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex will be back soon. (updated)
- Work on Book Three has begun.
- Multiplex is back (yes, already!)
- Multiplex is on a short hiatus.
- Major NASA Announcement
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Island (2005)
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transf4mers: Extinction of Ultron
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers something something… the third one, anyway
- Multiplex Movie Review: Ex Machina
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen