Notes from the Manager
Ta-dah! New website, sort of. With some help from my User Experience consultant -- a.k.a. my friend Taylor Regan of UXInvestigations -- I whipped up a new face for the Multiplex site. A lot of it is still more or less the same, but the site is, I think, a lot more streamlined and attractive.
• The header/menu has been fancied up and de-advertised. I'll let you discover the other new thing about it on your own, because I think it's pretty neat.
• I've removed and rearranged a lot of the buttons in the sidebar in order to cut down on Taylor called a "NASCAR effect" on the right side of the page.
• The MySpace and Facebook buttons on the side now link to the Multiplex group for each of those websites, respectively. (If you want to friend me at MySpace or Facebook, you're still welcome to, of course! I just moved those links onto the About page.)
I'm also working with my big brother Lawrence (who has apparently just bought a TV) to add a couple more minor functions to the site in the coming weeks, all aimed at making the website a little cleaner and the comic easier than ever to fall in love with -- and to share with your friends.
Anyway, I hope you dig the new site. Please let me know if you find any bugs or broken links. And, as always, thanks for reading!
Help support Multiplex!
Patron rewards include free Multiplex eBooks, bonus comics, “behind the scenes” art, sketches, and more!
You can also support Multiplex by buying Multiplex merch from the Multiplex Store, shopping at Amazon with this affiliate link (US only; for international readers: United Kingdom and Canada), or making a one-time donation via PayPal or Dwolla!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
I announced a set of Milestone Goals yesterday, for new Multiplex Movie Review comics with Jason taking on a selection of Michael Bay’s greatest hits. We met the first one, and so here it is!
The next Milestone Goal is for reaching $22,000 before MIDNIGHT TONIGHT (Wednesday, July 29) — and right now, we’re a mere $
359 324 309 away from that! It is for two review strips: one for Bad Boys and another for Bad Boys II. I didn’t realize you can’t rent/stream Bad Boys II anywhere, so I’ll have to figure out where to see that later — assuming we make the goal — but if we do, I’ll post the review comic for Bad Boys tomorrow!
(I’m not sure there would be enough hours in the day to do both of them and Friday’s comic, anyway.)
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review comics MILESTONE GOALS
- Download the first chapter of Multiplex: The Revenge FREE
- Multiplex: Enjoy Your Show is sold out — maybe?
- I had forgotten about an old poster design…
- Spider-Man sketch giveaway
- Multiplex: There and Back Again is $14.95 on Amazon for a limited time
- Jason sketch giveaway (and a Kickstarter update)
- The Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) Kickstarter is GO!
- The Multiplex 10 is ten years old this month
- Gumroad now takes PayPal!